Post-hunt survey is now available. The link is at the top of the Puzzles page.
- HAVE FUN!
- PU22LEHUNT PARALLAX is a virtual-compatible event. You will not be asked to travel or
visit the Microsoft campus in any way, shape, or form. Teams may gather in person or they
may use any technologies they wish in order to gather online. This choice is your team's
sole responsibility. The organizers make no recommendation and take no responsibility for
- If you choose to gather at Microsoft you alone are responsible for making sure your team
members comply with Microsoft security policies and any other policy that applies.
Read https://aka.ms/covidfaq and
use https://aka.ms/healthcheck as appropriate.
- Studios A, B, C, Buildings 92, 111, 114, 120, 123 - 127, 21, 30, 33, 34, 41, 42, 50, 87,
and all construction areas are OFF LIMITS and should not be entered under any circumstances.
- This hunt is constructed by multiple teams of people who are also participating in the
hunt. These people are unspoiled on the puzzles that they did not contribute. When
contacting hunt authors by email, you must send mail ONLY to the email address listed on the
puzzle. Do not mention anything about any other puzzles in your email.
The more prepared you are for Puzzlehunt weekend, the better time you'll have participating in it. Here's a list of supplies that you may find helpful:
- Most puzzles can be solved without printing, but a few will require a printer (ideally color).
- You might want to gather a standard list of office supplies, not all of which will be used in this event:
- Pens, pencils, colored pencils, highlighters;
- Blank paper, graph paper;
- Scissors, clear tape, glue sticks;
- Ruler/straightedge, protractor, compass.
- Some puzzles will have audio; laptop speakers may be sufficient, but headphones will be helpful in noisy environments.
- Teams can have a maximum of 12 players, and a minimum of 8 players is
recommended. If a team has any presence on the Microsoft campus it must
have at least two members who have valid Microsoft badges. This
requirement is waived for teams that are entirely remote. This
requirement is set on a per-hunt basis and may be different in any
- To participate, you must register your team prior to the beginning of the event (10AM Pacific time on
September 17, 2021). You will be allowed to add and remove members after that time, but not
to add new teams.
Participants in this hunt are expected to demonstrate honor and
integrity and not do anything that is not in the spirit of fair
competition. Simply put they should not:
If you are unsure if something you are considering doing is
really in the spirit of the hunt, it probably isn't.
- obtain puzzle answers through any means other than solving
or back-solving puzzles;
- do anything that would interfere with another team's
enjoyment of the hunt;
- collude with other teams; or
- demonstrate a lack of honor or integrity.
- Each team must be reachable by email during the hunt. Important updates and corrections
to puzzles will be sent out via email. We may also send critical updates to the puzznews
alias or post to the PU22LEHUNT
PARALLAX Facebook page in the event of an issue with our mail provider.